Why write an abstract?
An abstract is a shortened version of a research paper. This is a great opportunity as:
- it provides the first chance for you to announce and cite the preliminary findings of your study;
- it allows you to communicate your findings to your peers and get their feedback;
- it is the starting point for achieving the ultimate aim of a research project, the writing and publishing of a full paper in peer-reviewed literature.
Accepted abstracts will be presented by the author in one of the following sessions:
- Young Investigator session (presenters who are 40 years of age or less at the time of the LSC)
- Oral presentation session
- Thematic Poster session
Accepted abstracts will be published in the ERJ Open Research.
Online submission via myERS enables you to create an account and save your abstract. If you already have an account, you will be able to submit your abstract directly using your myERS credentials. Then, select the “Abstracts/Cases” tab and “LSC”.
Before you submit an abstract, please carefully read the instructions on how to write a good abstract and the submission guidelines, which are available together on the abstract submission platform.
A limited number of bursaries are available, which provide recipients with a free conference registration and accommodation. Potential applicants must submit an abstract in order to be considered for a bursary. To be eligible to apply, you must be:
- Under 40 years of age
- A member of ERS
- Able to demonstrate a keen interest in lung science research as part of your future career
Please note that only one bursary can be allocated per person per calendar year.
Selection from the pool of applicants will be made by the organising committee based on the submission of a curriculum vitae.
Deadlines and notification of selection
|25 September 2020||Abstract submission opens|
|30 October 2020||Abstract submission closes|
|End of December 2020||Abstract authors will be notified of the status of their abstract|
Do you have a question?
For technical questions, contact the technical support team.
For any other queries, please contact the ERS office: email@example.com.