New date announced: Sunday 28 March 2021.
To register for the examination please log into myERS Upon successful completion of the exam, participants will receive a diploma in adult respiratory medicine and join our established group of ERS HERMES diplomates. The examination will take place at Biswa Bangla Convention Centre
Please note: The date of this event may change (if necessary) to accommodate any developments relating to COVID-19.
- Check your eligibility and prepare all necessary documentation for the European Diploma examination category here Only respiratory specialists who are members of ERS/ICS and are practicing/studying in India and its neighbouring countries can attend the examination in Kolkata 2020. Note: Each electronic document must be in pdf, jpg, doc, or docx, and should be no more than 2MB in size.
- Register online through your myERS profile. You will receive a confirmation email shortly after you have completed your online application.
- Your registration will be processed within 14 days. If your application has not been approved, you will be contacted by the ERS HERMES examination team via email.
- Registration deadline date extended and will close 1 November 2020.
- Please note that applicants can only take one adult HERMES examination in 2020.
Examination format and preparation
The format is the same as the examination delivered during the annual ERS International Congress. The three-hour written examination is composed of 90 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) in English.The MCQs are selected from the examination blueprint and are designed around the consensus-based European Syllabus in respiratory medicine. Find out more about the examination structure here. Find out more about examination preparation in our Preparation Guidebook.